1- For an afternoon break yesterday, we went to the shop in our building’s lobby and bought two small cherry laffy taffy’s, an apple laffy taffy, and a sucker.
2- At this week’s kickball game, we were down 9-1, but came back and ended up winning 15-13. It was quite the comeback
3- Near the coffee machine, I jokingly told my coworker to watch out because my drink was hot right before dropping it on my feet.
While I wish I could say the above statements are an intro to 2 Truths and a Lie, all three are in fact, true. The first two could easily have been comments that have already been true once before in my life, anytime from age 8-13. And the third is one of someone who just seems new to Corporate America.
I got to thinking though, when do we officially grow up? And it’s not just me; Just this week alone:
- Ayelet texted me excited because her class got cancelled (an NYU Grad Student) and was now either going to go shopping or watch The Lion King.
- Justin, my first friend to turn 25, invited Ayelet I and over for Wacky Mac.
- Sarah made a collage from magazines during her lunch break at work.
- Mike came over and played Nintendo.
- Randi sent out a mass text picture while she was at High School Musical, Disney on Ice.
- Austin asked if I wanted to see Toy Story I and II in 3d.
- Megan apologized for not returning my call because she has a 9pm bedtime on Sunday nights. Yes, she said bedtime.
Will there be a day when we wake up and say, yes, now we are adults. Or will it hit us one day when we realize our habits and thoughts have turned into the same as our parents. Only time will tell how long we’ll be forever young.